SKIN IS IN : SUN CARE
Since celebrating my most recent trip around the Sun, I have been thinking a lot about how important it is to protect my skin from uv rays. Growing up on the West Coast, everyday was full of Sunshine. My only goal in life was to be tan. I have since learned that this is bad girl behavior! Within the past 5 years, I have introduced a sun care regimen into my beauty routine. Prior to that, I was soaking up the sun (and tanning bed rays) with zero protection on my skin.
There are two types of Ultraviolet Radiation. UVA rays deeply penetrate the skin for tanning, wrinkling, and leathering while UVB rays are responsible for sunburns. Both types of rays are damaging to the skin and increase the risk of skin cancer. Prolonged sun exposure can cause visible signs of aging, otherwise known as photo aging. Wrinkles, fine lines, and age spots, OH MY. Prevention is the key to combatting these signs of aging. So, PROTECT YOURSELF.
Cosmetics with SPF are a great way to support your sun care routine. There are so many fantastic products out there and many of them can be found at Elements of Carytown!! You don't want to miss the Skin Is In: Spring Beauty Bash. Stop by the shop this Thursday, May 7th, from 5:30-7:30pm for an evening of fun! There will be drinks, snacks, and opportunities to win free products! Beauty expert Jenna Bingham will be in the house chatting about hot brands like Coola, Peter Thomas Roth, and Talika, among others. I won't be able to attend this event! I'm so bummed because I'm certain it's going to be a blast. I encourage everyone to attend and while you're these, use the code LUSCIOUSJUDY for 10% off!
I can't wait to hear the report back of this event from the Elements Beauty Bloggers !! In the meantime, check out my sun care wish list!!
SKIN IS IN: SUNCARE WISHLIST
1. Malin + Goetz SPF 30 Moisturizer It is so convenient that I just ran out of moisturizer. :) The antioxidant rich formula is gentle and won't clog your pores!
2. REN Satin Perfection BB Cream Sunscreen This BB cream sounds like a Summer dream. Silicone-free, non-oily, matte-satin finish. Tocotrienols are a major ingredient in this multi-functional product, as well as my morning smoothie. I am all about skin nourishing essential nutrients.
3. Hampton Sun SPF 30 Tanning Lotion The non-greasy formula of this tanning lotion is full of organic ingredients that hydrate the skin. Walnut oil and aloe vera leave the skin feeling soft and moisturized.
4. Coola Face SPF 30 Makeup Setting Spray This has to be the product I am most excited to try. This broad spectrum mist is meant to be long-lasting. Formulated with gentle ingredients that bind moisture and reduce pores. It can be applied and re-applied throughout the day, which is perfect for Summer BBQ hopping.
5. Coola Classic SportSPF 50 Mango Moisturizer This tropical treat is made with certified organic ingredients that protect from the sun as well as nourish and hydrate the skin. It is fantastic for outdoor activity, which is perfect for the triathlon that I am competing in this July.
6. Hampton Sun Serious Shimmer Cooling Spray Bronze If you have never dabbled with cooling sprays, fix that immediately! I love a good misting and the shimmer in this spray is serious! It will illuminate tans while cooling the skin immediately. This is the next best thing to jumping in the ocean!
7. Erno Laszlo Luminous Intensive Hand Treatment SPF 25 I have to admit, I don't give my hands the respect they deserve. Our hands can tell our age, no matter how diligent we are about protecting our face. This intensive hand cream hydrates, moisturizes, and protects against photo aging.
8. Juice Beauty SPF 8 Lip Moisturizer Trio Don't forget to protect your lips from the Sun as well! I recently suffered a gnarly sunburn on my kisser and it was NOT FUN. (It did not pair well with very many lipsticks, either.) These lip moisturizers rejuvenate the lips while offering chemical free sun protection. The trio will allow you to keep a lip balm in your car, purse, and beach chair!
*APPLY SPF 15 OR HIGHER, DAILY.
**BROAD SPECTRUM SPF PROTECTS AGAINST UVA & UVB RAYS
***PROTECT YOURSELF ON CLOUDY DAYS, SUNBURNS CAN STILL OCCUR.
****DON'T FORGET YOUR SUNGLASSES, HAT, PARASOL, ETC. SPF IS ONLY ONE ELEMENT OF SUN PROTECTION.
*This post is a sponsored collaboration with Elements Beauty Shop. All opinions are my own.