Happy National Lipstick Day !
Happy National Lipstick Day! As a teenage girl, my Mother always tried to encourage me to wear lipstick or 'something with a tint'! I always fought her on it and little did I know that lipstick would rule my adult life. Now I believe in having options! You can never have too many tubes of the same shade of fuschia. In honor of this glorious day, I have compiled a list of my top 5 lipsticks of ALL time.
1. Nars Sheer Lipstick in Roman Holiday This is my favorite lipstick of all time. This is a perfect year-round shade because it can be sheer & subtle (in the Winter) yet it also stands out as a classic pastel pink (in the Spring). Nars Sheer Lipstick hydrates and nourishes with conditioners and make my lips feel super luscious all of the time!
2. Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet Matte Lipstick in L'Exuberante I love how bold this lipstick is. It immediately goes matte and NEVER comes off. Doesn't dry out my lips, instead replenishes them and makes them feel like silky butter!
3. MAC Cosmetics Amplifed Lipstick in Violetta A few years ago, MAC Cosmetics released a Disney Venomous Villains Collection. I absolutely had to own Violetta, the most amazing electric violet purple. This is my favorite lipstick to wear when I want to wear light eye makeup. It is dark, yet vibrant. This tube of lipstick also inspired my greatest Halloween costume of all time.
4. Sephora Rouge Shine Lipstick in Sunset Rhythm This lipstick is one of my purse staples. I love this shade of coral and it always makes me feel so happy and tan when I wear it. I have been known to break this one out in the winter time, just to be crazy! Everyone needs a year-round coral!
5. Kat Von D Painted Love Lipstick in Agatha Ok, I'm going to be honest. I was shopping for my perfect nude lip and Agatha isn't it. I should have gone a more peachy route, but I appreciate how neutral this lip is. It is the best color to use as a base underneath other lipsticks. It gives subtle shades an extra pop and neutralizes my flashy lip colors. I am still in search of my perfect nude but this lipstick is awesome and plays a big part in my lipstick routine.
Indulge in National Lipstick Day and try out a new lipstick!